Due to the current status of National Lockdown, our courses will not be running for the time being. Once new guidance has been issued by the Government we shall update this page accordingly (as of January 2021).
The information below is no longer current (as of January 2021).
Current government guidance for England now allows groups of up to six to meet outside. This means we are able to run courses for groups up to five people.
Courses for people currently booked with the Silva Navigation School
I have given all those currently book with the school, dates in August and early September, with the exception of July’s Silver course – that will be run in November.
I will be opening courses to new folk, from September 1st onwards (assuming things don’t alter again between now and then!).
All participants from August 1st onwards will need to agree to the following conditions.
You can confirm that within the last 21 days
- I have not been infected or shown symptoms of Covid-19
- No one in my household has been infected or shown symptoms of Covid-19
- No one in my household is in the vulnerable or extremely vulnerable categories as defined in the current UK Government advice
- I have not been given advice from a Track and Tracing service or a medical professional that I should self-isolate
What the Silva Navigation School is doing to help keep you safe
- For the foreseeable future, we shall not be loaning out any equipment for courses, unless that is absolutely unavoidable. If this is the case, equipment will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours prior to use and for 72 hours after use.
- Participants on courses where loan equipment will be necessary will be informed before arrival.
- We are asking all participants to bring their own hand sanitiser and to use it regularly.
- We will meet at the start of a course in an outdoor location where there is plenty of parking and room for a group of six to congregate safely.
- We will endeavour to keep 2 metres apart at all times where practicable.
- Should an instructor develop symptoms or have been in contact with someone showing symptoms and we cannot find a replacement, we will need to reschedule the course. This of course, maybe at short notice. The Silva Navigation School will not be liable for any travel or accommodation costs that you may incur.
- We will contact you if your instructor develops symptoms within 21 days of the course finishing or has been advised to self-isolate because of close contact with someone showing symptoms.
- If the course involves travel as part of the day, this will be done in separate vehicles. So you will be required to bring your own vehicle.
How you can help keep us safe
- Please bring your own equipment including maps and compasses (you will be told what is required before the course starts)
- Please keep a safe distance away from your instructor.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser and use it regularly.
- From 4th July 2020 holiday accommodation is being allowed to reopen so long as strict cleaning protocols are observed. The Silva Navigation School will not recommend any one accommodation nor can it can accept no responsibility for accommodation you may book.
- We cannot guarantee that there will be public toilet facilities open nor adequate parking close to our start and finish points. You will be required to take all waste and litter produced during a course, home with you and dispose of it safely.
- Should you develop symptoms prior to the course we will permit you to reschedule your place
These Covid-19 amended terms and conditions will remain in place the foreseeable future.
Pete Hawkins, Director, Silva Navigation School
June 28th 2020